Wat Doet de Architect (Nog) in 2024? A two-day meeting on the future of Dutch architecture< Back
11 | 20 | 2014
On 20 and 21 of November 2014, Gieskes-Strijbis Fonds in collaboration with AMO, is organizing in Venice an open platform for architects to put their own agendas on the table. The central question is where will the architects be in 10 years, and what role will they play. The meeting will take place in the Arsenale of the 14th International Architecture Exhibition of la Biennale di Venezia. Members of other architecture related fields will also be invited: real estate, government, science, construction.
Friday November 21, 2014
Location: Arsenale Corderie, stage D
9:45 – 10:00 am Introduction by AMO
10:00 am – 2:00 pm Pecha Kucha-style presentations by 30 architects
- 7 min each answering the question: Where are you in 10 years from now?
- Moderated by Janna Bystrykh and Stephan Petermann
3:00 – 6:00 pm Round Table Discussion: Where will you be in 10 years from now?
- First part of the session will include a 1 slide and 7 min presentation by each expert
also answering the question: What is to be done?
- Moderated by Reinier de Graaf
Invited participants roundtable discussion:
- Bernard Hulsman, Architectural Critic
- Merlijn Hurx, University of Utrecht, Architecture Historian
- Indira van 't Klooster, Author of “Reactivate!”
- Elphi Nelissen, Dean TU Eindhoven Bouwkunde
- Fred Schoorl, general director BNA