A project by Ivan Fedele – Director of the Music Section
Since 2013, la Biennale di Venezia
has redirected its mission in all of its fields. In addition to its work to promote knowledge among the general public (Exhibitions, Festivals) it has introduced a strategic programme to train young artists
. Known as the Biennale College
, this programme is already underway in Dance, Theatre, Music and Cinema. To encourage young talents, offering them the opportunity to work side by side with the masters to develop “creations”: this is the spirit of Biennale College, a well-equipped bridge that allows young people who wish to engage in one of the arts to do so in the finest conditions that an international institution can offer.
The Biennale College - Music 2015 project will select young instrumentalists aged 28 and under, to constitute a chamber orchestra for the 59th International Festival of Contemporary Music of the Biennale di Venezia, directed by Ivan Fedele.
This orchestra, conducted by Michele Carulli, will perform the following programme on October 11th 2015 at 8:00 pm at the Teatro Piccolo Arsenale in Venice:
- Siegfried Idyll by Richard Wagner
- Symphony Op. 21 by Anton Webern
- Souvenirs à la mémoire by Giuseppe Sinopoli
The project will be coordinated by the Director of the Music section of the Biennale di Venezia and will be organized as follows:
- From 6th to 11th October 2015 workshop and rehearsals in Venice – Schedule and tutors will be announced to the selected instrumentalists at a later date.
- On 11th October 2015, at 8:00 pm, concert at the Teatro Piccolo Arsenale in Venice.
Terms of participation
The REGISTRATION FORM
must be sent by June 3rd, 2015
submitting the following material:
a) Curriculum Vitae;
b) The titles of two pieces to be performed for the audition: one written before 1960 and the other written in or after 1961 with or without piano accompaniment;
c) Any audio or video recordings in digital format (links)
The selection will be made by means of audio/video recordings.
All decisions regarding the selection will be at the discretion of the Director of the Music Sector of the Biennale di Venezia, with the collaboration, during this phase, of Maestro Michele Carulli, and will be final.
Upon confirmation that they have been accepted for the project, the selected instrumentalists will undersign a specific agreement with the Biennale di Venezia that will detail the conditions of their participation (and will include: a commitment to participate in the rehearsals in Venice and to bring the project to term in accordance with the established criteria; guarantee of exclusivity for the first performance; a specific clause to regulate contact with the press, which must always be agreed upon in advance with the Biennale di Venezia; a confidentiality clause).
Each participant in the auditions will be required to pay a registration fee of € 70 (VAT included) by credit card concurrently with the submission of the application.
The applicants selected for the project will have the right to:
- Travel and lodging for the period of the rehearsals and concert in Venice in October 2015;
- A per day allowance to be established in the document that will be signed with the Biennale;
- No. 1 pass for free entrance to all the concerts of the 59th Intl. Festival of Contemporary Music, plus the right to no. 1 reduced price ticket for a second party. This pass will also be good for the purchase of no. 1 reduced price ticket for admission to the International Art Exhibition of the Biennale di Venezia;
- A certificate of participation in the project.
For further information